Friday, May 17, 2013

Day 11

I am going to make this work. This is important enough to me that I will make it work. I have picked up extra shifts at work so I will be able to keep up this program.
I am starting to feel so much better. I don’t that I have hit the “tigers blood” phase yet. (Refer to the timeline here http://whole9life.com/2013/01/whole30-timeline/) but I can definitely feel a difference. My clothes are fitting better. My stomach is flatter. I just all around feel better.
This morning I was really sick of eggs. I didn’t want to eat them. I wanted something sweet for breakfast, or hash browns. I love hash browns. I need to make sweet potato hash. That would be tasty!
I was being stubborn and didn’t want to eat my eggs so I waited too long to eat. I finally just accepted the fact that I was going to do it and ate my eggs. They weren’t bad. I enjoyed them. I did an egg scramble again. Spinach, mushrooms and eggs. I ate it slowly enjoying the feeling of being full and by the time I was done I was completely satisfied. I didn’t even need that cinnamon bun. Win for me!
I was full all the way until lunch too. Another win for me.
For lunch I ate left over chicken from last night. The best chicken you will ever eat to be specific. A recipe from Well Fed (I love that cook book). And left over broccoli.  I was so full after the chicken breast that I didn’t even eat all my broccoli. Bad girl!
After work I went to my laser hair removal appointment at Elase medical spa. They are doing a weight loss program called Vive. It’s an awesome program. My friend is on it and she has lost 26lbs, 30 inches and 8% body fat. But you also never eat. I don’t want to bash on this program but it’s a diet. Its not a lifestyle change. It’s a meal replacement program with shakes. Hearing about it I thought “this would be so nice to be able to lose that much weight” but then I stopped myself. I don’t need to be thin, I need to be healthy. I am so grateful that I can eat good food. I have a whole vast variety of food that makes me healthier! I can go to a restaurant and mostly find something to eat. I GET to eat eggs in the morning. How lucky am I?! Not only are my outside looking better but my insides are getting better too. My blood sugar is stabilizing. My lipids are getting better. My skin is looking brighter and people have even said I look “glowing”. How cool is that?! I am only on day 11 and I already feel this way. Think about what day 30 will look like.
After my appointment I went to the store to get stuff for dinner at winco. I made turkey/lean beef burgers, with tomato, mustard, avocado, onion all wrapped in a lettuce bun. Then I made sweet potato fries. My most favorite thing in this world. I sat and watched everyone eat their buns and their chips while I ate mine and you know what? I didn’t even need that stuff. I was 100% content with what I was eating. It tasted good, it felt good and I didn’t even need it. Today is the first meal I have had that I don’t feel like I am lacking.
Sugar-sauras-rex has really been beating me up hard today. After dinner the sweet potatoes totally satisfied my sweet tooth. I was 100% satisfied. I am starting to really enjoy this whole 30 thing.
Oh and ps. Jeremy got a job today! He is so amazing! He went from employed Monday, unemployed Tuesday, signed up for school Wednesday, job interview Thursday and started a new job Friday. What a guy! I am so impressed with my awesome husband. He is truly one of a kind and I am so grateful to call him mine. Now I have no excuse not to finish this bad boy of a program and rock the whole entire time!
Today’s challenges:
·         Wanting chocolate, or candy or fake sugar of any kind.
·         There were mints at Elase that I always eat when I am there. Not today
·         I could really use a chocolate milk
·         My family had ice cream sandwiches after dinner. Sad day.
·         There was Diet Coke on the counter. My first love.
What I learned today:
·         Everything Melissa and Dallas promise is true. You really do feel better on this program.
·         Sweet potatoes that are a little crispy satisfy a sweet tooth very well!
·         Being thin is awesome but being healthy is even more awesome.
Whole30 fact of the day: if you have any doubts about this program read the book “It starts with food”. They go into so much detail and anytime I am feeling discouraged I read it and it’s a total boost to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment