Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Day 8

Not much to say today.
I had scrambled eggs and carrot sticks for breakfast. Boring.
Work was too busy for me to look at the website at all so I didn’t really have anything motivational to read during the day.
Lunch was left over steak and brussel sprouts from mother’s day.
After work I went to the grocery store and bought an apple to snack on while I drove home.
My in-laws came home from a weeklong vacation and brought all their goodies back with them. one of the was a thing of Oreos. They are my ultimate weakens. I could eat an entire carton of them, in one sitting. I sat and stared at them for a minute, cursing the fact that they were so good to my mouth but so bad for my body. Curse you stupid Oreo!
Dinner was taco salad. I found a great recipe for taco seasoning (since the stuff in the store has yucky stuff in it).
Taco Beef:
·         1 tablespoon chili powder
·         1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
·         1/4 teaspoon onion powder
·         1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
·         1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
·         1/2 teaspoon paprika
·         1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
·         1 teaspoon sea salt
·         1 teaspoon black pepper
I make like 3 or 4 times this recipe and store it in a glass jar. Just add a tablespoon or two to a pound of cooked ground beef and get creative.
This is courtesy of the whole9 forum moderator Johnny M.
The meat turned out great. I had salsa, olives, tomatoes, lettuce, and avocado.
This is my go to meal. I feel like we eat it a lot. I don’t mean to its just easy and good and it’s something that I can easily eat.
We have some pretty epic family issues going on right now. I mostly want to curl up in a ball and cry, or just eat a pint of ice cream. I guess I was asking for it when I said I wanted to “break my addiction to food” and “get the most out of this program”. I will surely eat my words.
We went and saw iron man. I was going to grab my toasted coconut I made the day before but we were running late and I didn’t have time. The smell of popcorn was so hard for me not to have any. I LOVE movie theater popcorn so much!
I had a killer head ache all day today. It was the type of head ache I get when I don’t eat enough. I don’t know how that is though. I feel like I ate plenty. It was the kind of head ache that made me want to quit. I knew that if I ate more it would go away. I seriously contemplated. I felt awful. All I wanted to do was go to bed. My sweet husband held me close and told me it would be ok so I stuck with it. I am glad I did. I would have been bummed if I would have quit.

Today’s challenges:
·         The head ache from hell
·         Not eating an Oreo
·         Not eating any of the yummy things on my counters
Things I learned today:
·         Not every day has to be some big huge revelation
·         Life sucks sometimes and you don’t always need food to make you feel better
·         How to make my own taco seasoning
Whole30 fact of the day: read your labels! You will be surprised what you find in everyday items.

No comments:

Post a Comment