Monday, May 20, 2013

Days 12, 13 and 14

This will be an entire weekend re-cap.
There isn’t really much to say anymore. I am past the sucky stage. At this point it’s just kinda second nature. The beginning really sucked. It seems like there was so much to say and so much to talk about in the beginning, now I feel like it’s just life. Which I am very grateful for. It’s awesome to think that it’s easy for me to say no to donuts, ice cream, bread and Diet coke. I don’t even really have to think about it.  
Not saying I don’t still have cravings, because I do. I still want all those foods but when offered or when I see them I don’t even have to fight with myself anymore. The first two weeks my entire day was consumed with whole30. All my thoughts actions and thoughts were focused around my food.  It’s not like that anymore.
Friday-
 I had 2 hardboiled eggs and a larabar for breakfast. I haven’t ever had a larabar before but have read on the forum that they are ok in moderation.  I know I should have had veggies with my eggs but I was running late and didn’t have time so a larabar it was.
Lunch was left over hamburger in lettuce bun with mustard, tomatoes, and avocado. Then my tasty sweet potato fries. (I seriously love them)
I worked a 11 hour day on Friday so when I got home I needed a pick me up. I made a green smoothie. I know they say you should have your snacks be a mini meal but I just needed a pick me up. It was good but I only had half since I didn’t really need that much.
For dinner I got a salad from kneaders minus everything that wasn’t ok. I used a balsamic vinaigrette dressing. It had sunflower seeds, orange slices, chicken and red onion on it. They also put cheese on it. I specifically asked for NO cheese. I spent the first 15 minutes of my meal taking all the cheese off. Luckily they were big chunks so I was able to take them off.
Saturday-
I ate scrambled eggs with a sliced tomatoes and half a green apple sliced. I love the tomato and egg combo. Definitely one of the things I will continue to eat.
I went shopping with a friend Saturday and she wanted Rumbie. After grilling the girl at the counter and making them pull out their ingredient book so I could look at the salad ingredients, dressing included I got a salad that had chicken (sugar free), orange slices, balsamic vinaigrette, and some other things I can’t remember. I had to again ask them to leave all the bad stuff off.
For dinner we went to chipotle. My little brother lost his job earlier in the week as well and both him and my husband found a job that same week so we went out to celebrate. I had read that Chipotle is a big favorite of a lot of the forum users so we chose to go there. It was ok. They didn’t give me enough lettuce so all was left with at the end was meat, salsa and guacamole. It was still good but next time I will definitely ask for more lettuce.
It was a little rough after, because usually we would go get ice cream or some sort of goodie. But we couldn’t. Another good lesson for me that we don’t always need sweets after a meal. I didn’t have it and the celebration was just as fun, and the food was just as good, no dessert needed.
Sunday-
I didn’t eat breakfast because we woke up and went straight to church. When we got home I had a tuna fish and pickle sandwich in lettuce and a few cherries. Yum! I love summer with all the fresh produce!
We went to my parents after and my mom and I went to the grocery store. I wanted to see if there were any fruit leathers or fruit snacks that were approved and I found some! They are pretty much just dried fruit cut into little pieces and they are SO satisfying. I wouldn’t recommend eating them all day everyday but as a substitution for a serving of fruit every once in a while they are a very good choice, for me anyway.
For dinner we had baked pork roast, homemade apple sauce with no sugar added, a big green salad, asparagus, and broccoli. Very healthy and very yummy dinner.
All in all this weekend was much easier than last weekend. I think I am getting the hang of this.
The weekends challenges:
·         No celebratory dessert.
·         Having to look at the ingredient book when you go to a restaurant
·         Being out and about with you best Diet Coke buddy ever and not having a luscious Diet Coke.
·          
Things I learned:
·         Once you get used to it the whole30 is not that hard.
·         All the promises they make you are true. You sleep better and just all around feel better
·         I am on day 15 tomorrow HALF WAY THERE!
Whole30 fact of the weekend: Whole30 does seminars you can sign up for. They are inspirational, information and pretty much awesome. Go to www.whole9life.com for information.

No comments:

Post a Comment