Monday, May 13, 2013

Day 5

I woke up this morning feeling much better than yesterday. I didn’t feel like my body was going to shatter into a million pieces. I had more energy, I was happy; this program doesn’t seem so bad after all. Everything was working out.
I made egg scramble with mushrooms and spinach for breakfast. I really tried to like the sausage I bought but I just don’t. The flavor is SO over powering it makes everything else taste like it, which isn’t bad because it’s not a horrible flavor. The texture however is a little rough. It’s a smoked sausage in a casing and it’s pretty chewy. Think old hot dog chewy. Not the best. But I did like the scramble much more without the sausage in it. I put avocado on top with salt and pepper. Yum.
Today my sugar demon Sugar-saurus-rex was especially rowdy. I have officially been without sugar for 5 days now and my body is really feeling it. I never thought my body relied so much on sugar until I wasn’t giving it any. Now I realize how much I really consumed. I know 5 days doesn’t sound like a lot but trust me on this one, it is!
For lunch I had left over spaghetti squash with the homemade marinara sauce. I honestly wasn’t very hungry when lunch came around so I hate what I needed to get me through the rest of the day but I didn’t eat much. I got my hair cut and colored after work so I knew that if I didn’t eat lunch I would be starving.
There is a whole foods right by the place I was getting my hair done so I was going to stop by and get some kombucha before. I always stop and get treats before getting my hair done. Its tradition. It was hard to think that I wouldn’t be getting one before. Well work got crazy and I didn’t leave early enough to make it to whole foods so I showed up to my hair appointment with only my water and my wow drops.
My wow drops! I tried them for the first time today, they are awesome. Not what I was expecting at first. I was expecting a sweet little drop that made your mouth all minty and fresh. Kinda like Ice drops. Do you remember these? I LOVED the cinnamon when I was younger.
 Well the wow drops don’t taste these. There is no sweetness to the drops at all. In fact there really isn’t much taste at all, maybe a slight mint taste, but not the mint you are used to. You lick the drop, and wait. Then all of the sudden it’s like a punch in the face of fresh air. They are called Wow for a reason. It makes you say “WOW”. I shared them with some co-workers today and all 3 said wow after the initial hit. They are awesome. I am really starting to love these!
 After my hair I walked out and there was an epic thunder storm rolling in. It was SO cool! As I watched the super black clouds roll in over the mountains you could feel the humidity getting higher and higher. The thunder was rolling long and low and you could feel the electricity in the air. I LOVE summer thunder storms. It was so amazing to watch it roll in.
I went to whole foods and got 2 bottles of kombucha! Strawberry and mango. I learned today that the mango has 10g of sugar per serving. That is a lot when you are watching your sugar, so I need to find a new favorite. The strawberry exploded everywhere when I tried to open it but it still tasted good.
Then I went to winco to get the last few things I needed for our pizza night. Friday night we usually order pizza, (Jer really loves it) but tonight I made meatza. I used the directions found in the well fed cook book. They were a little smaller than I thought but I made sweet potato fries with them and it was perfect. Just enough food and it was super tasty! I even made my own Italian sausage and that was good too! It’s amazing that you can make things that taste almost as good as the real thing with super nutritious food! The only thing that sucked is by the time I got home it was already 7:30 so by the time I made everything and we ate it was 8:30. Gone are the days of just getting something quick to eat.
All in all today was a really good day. I was dying for something sweet and the sweet potatoes hit the spot perfectly.
Today’s challenges:
·         Not getting a treat before my hair
·         Not eating something sweet. It really getting to me
·         Having to cook even when I didn’t want to
Things I learned today:
·         I love thunderstorms (that’s not new knowledge but I do love them)
·         WOW drops are awesome and make you say WOW
·         The meatza that I made was easy and tasty
·         I really really love sweet potatoes
Whole30 fact of the day: They believe food either makes you healthier or less healthy. There is no in between. In the whole30 you learn how to choose food that makes you healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment